TRANSPARENT

« Older   Newer »
x.Padrino.x
view post Posted on 11/10/2014, 10:30

Salve a tutti/e!
Faccio questo post in onore dei prossimi cambiamenti! Ergo, aggiornarci sulle nuove serie tv è d'obbligo.
Parliamo di una serie nuova nuova chiamata TRANSPARENT firmata Amazon Studios.

278334-g2

La storia ruota intorno a una famiglia di Los Angeles composta dal padre Mort (Jeffrey Tambor), la madre Shelly (Judith Light), i tre figli Sarah (Amy Landecker), Ali (Gaby Hoffmann) e Josh (Jay Duplass). Una classica famiglia media americana, con genitori divorziati, figli adulti egoisti e con differenti problemi. Ali è senza lavoro, Sarah vive in un finto matrimonio e Josh è un immaturo cronico. Mort, però, nasconde un segreto che non ha ancora il coraggio di rivelare al resto della famiglia: è un transgender. Come reagiranno gli altri membri a questo cambiamento?

LA PRIMA IMPRESSIONE: Il pilot mi è davvero piaciuto molto. Attori bravi, atmosfere intime, niente di patinato ma tutto assolutamente reale. Vite, pregi e debolezze di ciascun personaggio tracciate in modo semplice e profondo. Il tema principale, la transessualità, viene trattato, oserei dire, con classe. La parte comedy è stata inserita molto bene, con situazioni divertenti e leggere, senza esagerare. Niente azione o misteri, solo vita vera.

IL QUESITO: L’unico dubbio che ho, riguarda la “resistenza”. Mi chiedo se lo show sarà in grado di mantenere, per tutti i dieci episodi, lo stesso livello del pilot. Sarà in grado di sviluppare l’argomento transessualità senza cadere in luoghi comuni già visti e riuscendo sempre a dosare bene la parte comedy?

IL VERDETTO: Per il momento, assolutamente promossa. Ottimo cast, ottimi pareri espressi da critici e pubblico. Non resta che proseguire la visione o, per chi ancora non l’ha fatto, iniziarla.

Video : qui

Ava G
view post Posted on 11/10/2014, 20:59

Thanks for posting about this innovative new series, Padrino. Unfortunately, I have yet to see it, as viewing requires a subscription to Amazon Prime. ;-( I've heard nothing but praise for the show, it's excellent writing, acting(especially from the talented Jeffrey Tambor). To my knowledge, the show is the first to tackle the issue of what it means to be.transsexual, and does so with an admirable sensitivity. I love the line at the end of the trailer, where the daughter says, "Help me out with this: so, your going to start dressing as a lady now?" and the fathers wonderful reply, "Oh, honey...my whole life I've been dressing up as a man. This is who I am.". It groundbreaking shows such as this, which dare to put a human face on a an aspect of the variety of human beings, honestly showcasing the experiences, difficulties, heartaches, struggles of those considered different, turning people's perceptions upside down, proving that we are all human beings and have much more in common to bring is together, rather than allowing those differences to tear down and tear apart.

Thanks, again, for bringing this quality, groundbreaking show, Pardrino. Hopefully, it will be a success and spark a much needed international dialogue from which real change will take place.

Thank you, also for your synopsis of the show and overall impressions. Please keep us updated on future episodes, and how the show is being received.

Hola Pé
view post Posted on 12/10/2014, 00:17

vorrete perdonarmi ma appena ho letto transparent, associato alla parola amazon... :D mi è venuto da ridere :lol:
vabbe scemenza notturna apparte.
direi che quando questo argomento viene trattato (quelle poche volte) cosi come il resto LGB..si cade troppo nei luoghi comuni e le situazioni ed i personaggi sono stereotipati al massimo.
sono incuriosita per adesso che ho letto la trama....perche qui a voler cambiare sesso, non è un ragazzino di 15 anni ma un uomo adulto padre di una famiglia...e di situazioni cosi, ne esistono, forse non milioni, ma tante.
tocca reperirlo questo qua :)
grazie per il post padrino

x.Padrino.x
view post Posted on 12/10/2014, 14:36

Mi fa veramente piacere il vostro interessamento!
Vi trovo io i link per vederla :D ;)
see ya!

Hola Pé
view post Posted on 13/10/2014, 22:59

grazie!

DondeMirarlas
view post Posted on 14/10/2014, 16:51

Padrino, thank you for this.
I have seen this advertised in the posters here in Britain and thought it was actually a film. Didn't realize it was a series. I didn't initially recognize it by the picture banner you had put in the post because I had seen the little snipped in the tv with Jeffrey Tambor, the actor, already as a woman.

Looks very interesting indeed.

Funny enough I was just discussing with Hola Pe last week that Lennox Lewis' boxing manager, called Frank Maloney, had decided to become a transvestite at age 50+ (now calls himself Kellie) and has recently undergone a sex change. Imagining that the boxing world is quite a macho environment, it's interesting that a coach/manager in boxing decided to cross dress and change his sex quite late in his life! Funny world ;)

Interview is here if you all want to take a look:

[URL=Video[/URL]

Ava G
view post Posted on 15/10/2014, 02:13

Interesting indeed that a person would decide to make such a radical change later in life. Although, from a practical standpoint, the fact that gender re-assignment surgery is.not cheap, it would take a good while to save the money. I, also found it interesting that Kellie worked in such a macho culture.
Psychologically, it does make sense, as Kellie spent the majority of her life in an endeavor to supress her feelings that in her innermost being, she was female rather than male. What better environment to prove oneself a 'man's man' than in the hyper macho world of boxing! I think its courageous of Kellie to go public with her story. There is still a lot of stigma and misunderstanding regarding people who identify as transgender. Society, though changing, still has a long way to go toward accepting homosexuality....how much longer a road for transgenders! Kellie's courageous coming out,.as well.as series such as Transparent, show the humanity of those who are "differently ordered" , and spark a dialogue which can lead to greater understanding and acceptance of the diversity of our fellow 'humansapiens." ;-)

Interesting. Thanks to posting this, Donde.

Ava G
view post Posted on 15/10/2014, 02:45

On a related note, I found this article from Pink News regarding Transparent. Ironically enough, a series about the experience of a transgender person apparently does not include a transgender on the writing staff. As this article evidences, the creative team at Transparent intends to be just that, transparent, admitting this rather glaring oversight, and pledging to correct it by employing a transgender writer for the second season.

Transparent creator: I will recruit a transgender writer for second season 13 th October 2014, 7:20 PM

Nick Duffy

The creator of Amazon comedy-drama series Transparent has pledged to recruit a transgender writer for the show’s second season.

The series, which launched on Amazon last month, features Jeffrey Tambor as trans woman Maura Pfefferman, and deals with her transition to female as she comes out to her grown-up children.

Creator Jill Solloway – who based the semi-autobiographical show on her own experiences after her parent came out as trans – had attracted criticism for casting Tambor in the lead role instead of a trans woman.

However, she has announced that she is committed to improving representation in the upcoming second season, and is accepting open applications from aspiring transgender writers who want to join the show.

Soloway and the show’s other writers will give the five best applicants a crash course on writing for TV – with one gaining the opportunity to work full time on the show.

She said: “No matter what we did, we were always going to be otherising Maura in some way.

“And in the same way where I wouldn’t want a man to say, ‘I can have a writers room full of men and we can write women just fine.’ I can’t say that I can create a show about a trans woman and not have a trans woman writing for me.

“We’re actually going to be helping make trans women TV writers by teaching them how to write.

“It’s absolutely necessary, and it’s gonna change the show.”

Amazon renewed Transparent last week, after announcing it was the most-streamed show of all time on their video platform.

PinkNews covers religion, politics, entertainment, finance, and community news for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in the UK and worldwide. Founded to produce broadsheet quality journalism for the LGBT community, we cover politics to theology in an intelligent manner.

7 replies since 11/10/2014, 10:30   88 views